If you’ve ever had a pet emergency, then you know how expensive and emotionally draining it can be. Recently, a devoted dog owner went through a similar ordeal when he had to pay over $24,000 in veterinary bills to save his furry friend’s life. He was ready to do whatever it took to keep his beloved pup alive.
Jaxon is a proud fur parent of a Weimaraner named Rambo, who just turned two. Unfortunately, Rambo experienced hypovolemic shock, a condition where the heart cannot efficiently pump blood to the body, for an unknown reason. Adding to Rambo’s discomfort, she also suffered gastroenteritis, commonly known as stomach flu. Jaxon shared that Rambo vomited for over 30 times overnight, and by Saturday morning, they rushed her to the emergency vet.
Her health deteriorated rapidly, with hypovolemic shock, gastrointestinal problems, fluids leaking into her lungs, and pneumonia causing one of her lungs to collapse. Emergency care was vital to saving her life, but the cost of around £1000 ($1200 USD) per day quickly added up. Although her insurance would cover up to £6500 ($7,800), her bill had already reached £11,500 ($13,800) after just a week in care.
Jaxon set up a gofundme page in hopes of raising funds for Rambo’s essential treatment and even mentioned his willingness to sell his house. He expressed that he wants to ensure he can provide for his beloved furry companion, especially if Rambo requires major surgery and ongoing care.
The father of Rambo, the beloved pet, became so scared that he began sleeping in his car parked near the vet’s clinic to stay close to his precious dog. However, more than 600 people generously donated and raised a total of £10,000 ($12,000), which helped Rambo respond positively to less invasive treatments, resulting in avoiding any surgery. Although Rambo still requires constant attention and medication for her long road to recovery, they were able to return home due to all the support, care, and treatment she received. Thanks to everyone’s love and support, Rambo made an incredible recovery and was finally able to leave the hospital after two weeks and return home with her loving father.